On October 6, Hanoi authorities held a meeting with 150 local typical artists, intellectuals and scientists.
Speaking at the meeting, Nguyen Duc Chung, Chairman of Hanoi City People's Committee, emphasised that the results achieved by the city had important contributions from intellectuals, artists, scientists and managers with a high sense of responsibility and their love for Hanoi.
He also wished good health, happiness and success to the delegates attending the meeting, while expressing his hope that they would continue to contribute more to the cause of building and developing the Capital in the future.
Various cultural and artistic activities are held to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the Capital Liberation Day. (Photo: NDO/Duy Linh)
* Earlier the same day, at Thang Long Imperial Citadel, the Hanoi People's Committee cooperated with Vietnam Association of Historical Sciences to organise a programme themed "Autumn Memories".
A flag-raising ceremony was held at the event, recreating the one on October 10, 1954, with the participation of veterans who attended the event 65 years ago at the Thang Long Imperial Citadel. After the reenactment of the historic flag salute, witnesses who had directly participated in the Capital Liberation Army and historians reviewed the historical moment when the French army withdrew over Long Bien Bridge and the Vietnamese army took over the Capital to the welcome of Hanoians.
On the occasion, the organisers launched a photo book compiled by historian Duong Trung Quoc with precious photos and documents from Capital Liberation Day on October 10, 1954.
The moments when Hanoi was liberated on October 10, 1954, are being revived through a programme entitled ‘Memory of Hanoi – 65 Years’, which started on October 5 along the mural space of Phung Hung Street. (Photo: NDO/Duy Linh)
* On Sunday morning, the Hanoi Construction and Investment Project Management Board commenced the renovation and upgrading of Tan Linh - Yen Bai road, measuring 8.2 km long, connecting Thang Long Boulevard to provincial road No. 414 in Ba Vi district and Son Tay town.
With a design speed of 60 km/h and a total investment of VND206 billion, the project is expected to be completed within 270 days, helping connect the downtown Hanoi with Ba Vi National Forest, Ao Vua and Khoang Xanh - Suoi Tien tourist areas, the Vietnam National Village for Ethnic Culture and Tourism, and K9 Relic Site.
* On October 10, at Thanh Nhan Hospital, the Hanoi Department of Health and the Hanoi Management Board of Investment and Construction Projects for Socio-Cultural Works put into operation three modern operating rooms meeting European standards, as part of an investment project to upgrade Thanh Nhan Hospital, phase 2, with a total investment of VND665 billion.
Artists perform during the Hanoi Dragon Dance Festival 2019. (Photo: NDO/Duy Linh)
* On the morning of October 6, at the space in front of Ba Kieu Temple (Hoan Kiem District), the Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports organised the Hanoi Dragon Dance Festival 2019, gathering 15 dragon dance teams from across the city, who brought spectacular performances praising Thang Long - Hanoi cultural tradition.
* On the same day, at the Thang Long Imperial Citadel, the Thang Long - Hanoi Heritage Conservation Centre opened a photo exhibition under the theme "Hanoi in that Autumn," featuring 200 images and documents retelling the history of Hanoi from the National Resistance Day (December 19, 1946) to the Capital Liberation Day (October 10, 1954). The exhibition runs until December 25.
Performance of a special collection from Hanoi designers under the fashion show "Hanoi Fall 2019". (Photo: NDO/Duy Linh)
Photos introduced under the exhibition “Hoai niem” (reminiscence) by Le Bich at the Kim Ngan communal house. (Photo: NDO/Duy Linh)