The two women received treatment at Quang Ha General Clinic in the province’s Binh Xuyen District. They are the first two Covid-19 patients to be successfully cured at a district-level medical facility.
One of the two is a 42-year-old woman who is a relative of and had close contact with a female worker of the Nihon Plast Company in Binh Xuyen Industrial Park of Vinh Phuc. This worker had tested positive for the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) after she and seven colleagues had returned from a two-month training course in China’s Wuhan City, the centre of the epidemic.
The other is a 29 year old who was in the same group of Nihon Plast workers returning from Wuhan.
According to the Department of Health of Vinh Phuc Province, although the two patients gave negative results after their medical tests, they will continue to be monitored further to ensure their health and absolute safety in the prevention against the epidemic in the province.
Earlier on the same day, two other patients were discharged from the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases in Hanoi. They are a 29-year-old man and a 55-year-old woman, both from Vinh Phuc. The Hanoi-based hospital has successfully treated all five cases of Covid-19 infection, with the other three having been previously discharged on February 10.
In just one day, four more Covid-19 cases were discharged, which is a good sign for the treatment of the disease by Vietnam's health sector. Assoc. Prof., Dr. Luong Ngoc Khue, Director of the Medical Services Administration (under the Ministry of Health (MoH), said that this is proof that Vietnam is fully capable of curing this disease.
* According to information from the MoH, up to 8:30 am on February 19, Vietnam confirmed 16 cases of Covid-19 and has not recorded any new patients since February 13. Among them, 11 have been discharged from hospital, while the number of people with negative test results is 1,137.
Worldwide, 75,199 people have been infected in 29 countries and territories, with 2,010 deaths, of which mainland China had 2,004 deaths among 74,158 confirmed cases.
Lam Dong provincial authorities inspect the prevention and control of Covid-19 in an isolated area at Infirmary H32 under the Military Command of Lam Dong Province. (Photo: NDO/Van Bao)
* On February 18, the Department of Health of Lam Dong Province said that the Covid-19 test of the Pasteur Institute in Ho Chi Minh City against T.N.Q, a 1981 born military student, showed negative results, so there is no need to continue monitoring and isolating the student in the community. At the same time, Lam Dong abolished the application of monitoring and isolation for 27 people who had close contact with T.N.Q.
Previously, T.N.Q visited relatives in Vinh Phuc Province and came back to Lam Dong on February 2, after which he began showing suspected symptoms of Covid-19 infection. Lam Dong Department of Health was required to apply monitoring, isolation and treatment measures on T.N.Q, in accordance with regulations, from February 12.
* On February 18, at the Regiment 852, Cao Bang Province presented certification in recognition of isolation completion for 53 citizens in the local quarantine area, allowing them to back into the community. Earlier, on February 4, these citizens were taken to the regiment for medical check, quarantine and monitor after returning from China. After 14 days of isolation, the health of these citizens has remained completely normal, and they are eligible to leave isolation to return to the community.
On February 18, 2020, Cao Bang provincial authorities granted certificates on medical isolation completion against Covid-19 to citizens, allowing them to return home. (Photo: NDO/Minh Tuan)
* On February 18, the Disease Control Centre of Thai Binh Province told Nhan Dan Online that as of 15:00 on the same day, 18 out of 20 people under isolation and monitor due to symptoms of Covid-19 infection showed negative test results. The 18 citizens are now healthy and allowed to return home.
* In response to a programme of joining hands with the community to prevent and control Covid-19, on February 18, at Tran Dang Ninh Street (Hoang Van Thu Ward, Lang Son City), Lang Son provincial authorities distributed more than 3,000 face masks to local people. The province will continue with a movement to raise money among local public officials to buy masks and offer them to local residents.
* The Vietnam General Confederation of Labour has proposed its members at all levels to join hands to support the consumption of agricultural products, which are facing difficulties in consumption due to Covid-19. Accordingly, the trade unions shall encourage workers, officials and employees to prioritise a reasonable portion of funding for the purchase of agricultural products affected by Covid-19.
Doctors at Nga Son District General Hospital in Thanh Hoa Province provide instruction on how to use antiseptic water properly. (Photo: NDO/Mai Luan)
* On February 18, five more people in contact with a suspected Covid-19 person and one worker returning from the epidemic areas were placed under surveillance by local authorities in Thanh Hoa Province. On the contrary, in the province, there are an additional 244 people who are no longer isolated at home and businesses, because after 14 days of isolation, they are in normal health, without related epidemiological factors.
* The Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV) has announced a credit package worth VND5 trillion (US$215 million) for its individual customers hurt by Covid-19.
The capital is prioritised for customers operating in the fields of agriculture, export and tourism. Customers are able to take BIDV loans for production and trading of agricultural products such as dragon fruit, watermelon, jack fruit and banana as well as several aquatic products like tra, basa and catfish.
The package also includes support for operators of restaurants and hotels, while aiding those with trade activities with China.
Within the package, customers will enjoy a stable annual interest rate of 5.5% in a maximum four months from the first disbursement.